When most people think of wine, the colors that pop into their heads are typically red, white and maybe even pink. Well, not anymore! Introducing…orange wine! Orange wine is one of the newest and hottest trends in party food planning. Event planners are scouring the web for crates of this fantastical orange wine to serve at their next big dinner event.
Orange wine is made just like red wine, except white grapes are used instead of red grapes. They get their orange color from a technique which involves leaving freshly crushed juice in constant contact with the grape skins for a extended period of time. Orange wine comes in shades ranging from orange-pink to a bright vivid orange hue.
Here’s a short list of some of the more popular orange wines:
- 2007 Monastero Suore Cistercensi “Rusticum” Lazio Bianco
- 2003 Azienda Agricola Stanislao Radikon Jakot Venezia Giulia IGT
- 2006 Cá de Noci Notte di Luna
- 2008 Wind Gap Wines Pinot Gris Windsor Oaks Vineyard
- 2002 Gravner Ribolla Gialla Anfora Venezia Giulia IGT